[Ansteorra-textiles] good place to buy fiber

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 13 07:07:09 PDT 2003

He fiber is nice and relatively inexpensive.  I've gotten some from her
before and really liked it.  SHe ships in a pillow case to reduce postage.

CLare

I was going to call this the Pumpkin Sale, indicating that my time is up and
at midnight (or in 10 days) I must give my attention to the demands of my
"other" life: school starts 8/22.
So, I want to get my "wool vault" emptied out, either sold or sent off to
processors by the 20th.
I have llama and sheep wool (many breed types), in all natural colors plus
some spotted.
More details upon request.
10% discount on entire fleece, llama or sheep. Sheep fleeces have been
somewhat skirted (no tags or nasties) since many I sheared and skirted as I
went.
Sadly, some others (rams, mostly) have some second cuts. I try to remove
these as I find them, and in all cases I guarantee your satisfaction. If
you are
not happy, just return the wool for a refund.
Display the following charts full screen for best results.

SHEEP (8 more left to shear, 3 moorit, 3 Jacob, and a dark gray)
Name COLOR TYPE WT(lbs.) $/lb
Comments
Mary white (coated) medium fine mix 6.84 $9
1st shearing, @4"
Jake black/white Jacob/Columbia 5.84 $8
nice spotted fleece
Wallit silver varigated Wensleydale/Cotswold 4.43
$16 long, med lustre curls @6"
Rufus dark moorit RomeldaleX 4.21 $7.50
rich color (@3")
Omar black Rambouillet 9 $7.50
dark black, but not coated
Tuck medium moorit Romeldale/Romney 8 $10
Yummy, soft, fine crimp, @4"
Dandy silver to tan Merino/Wensleywold 6.23 $8
Unique fine "dreads" with 5" staple, color change but no break
Grizabella gray varigated Jacob/Lincoln 3.8 (x2) $7.50
soft heather colors, 2 fleeces available
Amanda pale moorit (coated) Merino 6.4 $8
creamy moorit, fine crimp
Allegria medium moorit (coated)Romeldale/Merino 5# left $10
Amanda's daughter, darker
Marta medium gray (coated) ColumbiaX 9.38 $10
@4-5", medium crimp, soft
BaaBaara mixed coffee (coated) MerinoX 5.68 $9
4", fine crimp, pale tips
Gwendolynn white (coated) Wensleydale/Cotswold 6.69 $25
glossy curls, 8+" , clingy
Little Dude gray varigated Lincoln/Jacob/Wensley 5.14 $12
5", soft, 1st shearing
Blue coffee RambouilletX 4.71 $6.50
fine crimp, @3", muted colors
Aisha black RambouilletX 8 $7.50
dark black, but not coated
Wally gray varigated Lincoln/Wensleywold 5.57 $16 long,
med lustre curls @5"
Luke silver Lincoln @3# left $7
nice curls, @ 7"
LLAMA
The shearer did a pretty good job of blowing the chaff out of the wool before
shearing, but of course these guys live out in the fields year round, so
expect some dust and bits of chaff. There are no stickers or burrs and,
except for
Lily, most of the wool is pretty clean because we have big roller brushes in
each pen for the llamas to rub on. Unfortunately, no one was on hand to help
the shearer with the wool, so what's in the bag is what you get. I noticed
some second cuts, some odd bits, a little VM. Each bag contains the whole
fleece from a single animal, neck, blanket, legs etc. with the "really bad
stuff"
thrown out at sheaing. I tried to price the wool fairly, according to
quality, but did not dump out each bag and check it thoroughly. If you are
not happy
with anything you order, please return it for a full refund.
Name COLOR WEIGHT COMMENTS
$ PER OZ.
Alexa dark coffee 2.17 oldler gal, somewhat coarse, VM, guard hair,
short (@ 2") 0.85
Frolic dark coffee 2.8 sister to above, also medium coarse, short
1.10
Babette red 3.94 lovely red color, not much guard hair, medium
soft, some VM 1.65
Bon Bon white 4.66 nice but a little dirty, medium fine, double
coat 1.65
Denail gray appy 3.29 old gal, but surprisingly nice medium
soft, near single coat 1.65
Lilly black 3.12 cria, SOFT but dirty, yet very black. Her
nickname is "pig pen." 1.65
Spice red brown 2.6 1st shear, medium soft, some VM. Son of
Babbette, above 1.65
Buttons white 2.8 left medium soft, some VM, nice basic fleece
2.20
Dusty rose gray 2# left very soft, near single coat, unusual
color 2.20
Maya warm coffee 2.67 1st shear, soft undercoat, longer guard hairs
but not many 2.20
Portia calico appy 1.93 medium soft, near single coat, many
colors mixed in 2.20
Rizado near black 4.4 1st shear, medium fine, handles nicely
2.20
Sumac near black 2.47 ex-stud, soft undercoat, longer guard
hairs easily removed 2.20
Sweet Pea near black 4.96 soft undercoat, few guard hairs, some
tips are bleached brown 2.20
Tuesday white 2.88 oldler gal, medium soft, near single coat,
solid white 2.20
Anna fawn 4.14 very soft, near single coat, super nice
to spin 2.75
Lani white 3.94 1st shear, super fine, some VM but
beautiful wool 2.75
PayPal preferred, checks accepted.
Wool will be shipped as per your instructions and at your expense (insurance
recommented) as soon as payment is received.
Thanks for looking,
Kathy
Kathy Gluesenkamp
Rancho Borrego Negro