[Ansteorra-textiles] question for embroiderers

YsfaelEleanor at aol.com YsfaelEleanor at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 01:13:14 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/16/2003 7:58:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
nweders at mail.utexas.edu writes:

> what types of thread do the embroiderers here
> use.

       Mostly wool recently, my own homespun.   I have used cotton in the
past.  I am currently working on spinning up silk to use on an embroidery
project.

What types of thread work do you do?Some basic embroidery, and crewel work.
Count work?  Occasionally.  Blackwork?  SOMEDAY <sigh> I hope to learn this.

What do you use it on?  Personal projects, and gifts of largess.  What was it
used on traditionally?  I have no idea.

eleanor