[Ansteorra-textiles] Re: Roll Call

Patti McCullough toinettec at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 09:05:57 PST 2004

Roll call, hmmm, let me think about what I've been up
to lately.

Well, I entered a homespun/handwoven 15" wide wool
cloth, tabby with a pattern weft, at Kingdom Arts &
Sciences here a few weeks ago.  Unexciting, but solid.
 It did pretty well, although my score was ticked off
for several things, some completely justified, some a
bit unreasonable.  But at any rate, I get to take it
to the Gulf Wars A&S champions' competition, which
makes me happy.

Here about a month ago, I did a 16-bobbin, 3-yard-long
kumihimo belt in #5 perle cotton in the colors of the
kingdom of Ealdomere, for the Gulf Wars gift basket
going out from Northkeep, my local barony.  I think it
turned out pretty well.

Since then, I've been Kool-aid dyeing (I've done a
little natural dyeing in the past, but for casual
projects, Kool-aid dye rules!) a little homespun, with
the thought in mind of making a first attempt at a
little heraldic tapestry on my itty-bitty, six-inch
counterbalance loom.  If it works out well, hey, I
might try a big one on the 45" loom.  Unlikely, but
possible.

Regards,
Toinette