[Ansteorra-textiles] textile doin's

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 9 12:59:39 PST 2004

I forgot... I also got given a 36" Pendleton Floor Loom so I expect I will
be saving up to take a class on warping it and such.  Also I realised how
much I have to spin to do anything (grin).

Everyone sounds busy and that's good!  I think people are much happier
doing and making things rather than playing lots of computer games, eating
too much fruit cake and watching tv.  (I speak from direct experience.)

Do we want to start doing small gatherings at major events.  I can't be at
all of them but maybe we can have volunteers to hold gatherings to sit and
work on stuff.  I know I have some questions about stuff.  I'd still like
to try my hand at Navajo spinning (and apologies to Raiysa for not
answering her note to me).

I'm interested in getting started on gloves.... The Textile Guild here in
Bryn Gwlad that Audette runs is going to be knitting at their meeting and
I'm planning on going (hopefully).  I also was speaking to a friend who
mundanely is a spinner and she sent me a web page for a spinner's gathering
in Feb.  Looks good and I will post the address.  If anyone wants to go I
might be interested in it as well.

http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/rotfl

Regards,

Clare