[Ansteorra-textiles] roll call

Audette des Grenouilles audette at sapheron.org
Wed Mar 17 13:43:36 PST 2004

Doh!  Now I've got my mind going on what kind of things would work for a knit
snood...  I'm supposed to be working on a sweater for my lord...  (which,
thankfully, seems to be knitting up fairly quickly so far...  But, I've only
made it up to the armhole shaping of the back piece, so there's still a lot
left to go!)

I would say yarn overs and increases are definately the way to go.  The only
question would be in what pattern would the snood end up looking really nice?
Hmmm...

Audette

KRISTINE KEENEY <kristine.keeney at sbcglobal.net> said:
:
:  Howdy!
:  Basically, that's all I did - started with a lacy
:pattern and experimented until it looked about right.
:I did buy one and lay it out flat to see what the
:"professional" had done with her pattern. Seems that
:most of the snoods are just variations on a lace or
:doily made into a circle with a spot near the top
:(bottom?) for running string/ribbon/yarn.
:   There are some patterns available on the Web that
:proved helpful, even if they weren't exactly what I
:was looking for. And the snoods were fun to do - they
:come together quickly, can be made in any yarn that
:I've tried so far, and are fun to wear!
:  I did make some icky odd looking things when I first
:got started, but those just went into the scrap bin
:and got turned into an afghan later.
:  As I don't know how to knit yet, I would assume that
:you have the right idea with doing yarn overs and
:increases until you get as large as you need.
:  Good luck!
:  Kris (Cassandra)
:
:--- Jessica <patchworkgirl at cooke.net> wrote:
:> I would love to learn to knit a snood... really what
:> I'd like is just the shape that I'd need (would a
:> round lacy circle with a means of tightening it
:> work?) and I've got plenty of sources for lace
:> patterns that I could use... probably would cast on
:> a small number of stitches, join into a circle and
:> work round and round, increasing and yarn-overing
:> until I get what I need...
:>
:> Jessica
:>