[Ansteorra-Textiles] Update on activities

KRISTINE KEENEY kristine.keeney at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 19 22:24:18 PST 2005

  I won't make any of the events for the next few
months. (Not that it surprises anyone who knows
me...we haven't made it to an event in so long, I let
our membership lapse!!)

  Over the Holidays I was kept busy putting the
finishing touches on a machine-freestyle embroidered
table runner for my aunt(quilted and made using her
children and grandchildren's drawn pictures and
signatures as patterns...) didn't manage to get *all*
of the paper pattern out from behind the stitchery,
but it looked pretty good. And there was dealing with
the Angel Investor who bought me into an embroidery
business right before Christmas. Now I have to finish
making everything legal and getting the website up
(with samples of the work I do...) so I can have that
keeping me occupied. And the Houston International
Quilt Show.... a couple of months later and I'm
*still* recovering from that! And making a set of
draperies for my Mother for her Birthday/Christmas
present, a jumper for me, and some wings for the small
nieces.
  Haven't had any time for the fun experimenting I'd
like to be doing. Yep, I'm the Mad Crocheter! I have
figured out how to make those beaded ribbon hair ties
and have improved my (drat! Lost the word! long hair
holder dealies...look kinda like doilies wih ribbon?
You put them on to keep your hair together either with
or without a proper hat? Yeah. Those things.) with a
sheer lining. Makes it harder for the odd strand of
hair to fall out and looks a bit more completed, if
not 'period'. (I have instructions for 'period hair
netting'. My husband won't let me put holes in the
wall to make it. He's no fun.)
  In Theory, I'll be learning to tat in my spare time.
Apparently needle tatting is easier to learn, then you
switch to shuttle if you feel the need. We'll see how
it goes.

  And that's what's happening here. Hope everyone else
is having a more productive and fun time of it!!
  YIS,
  Cassandra Starrswife
  marginally of Westgate in Stargate