[Ansteorra-Textiles] What's everybody up to?

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 27 06:07:56 PDT 2005

Currently, I learned how to use a drum carder which after I impaled myself
on and doing much better(grin) and I have forced myself not to buy a bunch
of fiber since I'm trying to get my piles down. (I have tons of beautiful
Romney and Shetland that I need to use) I stopped to sew a Hawaiian shirt
for my SO, cushions for a guy at work and repair  a hat for another co-worker.

But my main thing has been working on the Kingdom Arts Symposium that's
going to be held in the Barony this Sept. I'm the class co-ordinator.   I
have a few textile classes.  Mistress Mairi is going to teach one on
British and Gaulic costumes based on archeological digs, I think some
knitting, button making, maybe a textile class from another person (she's
checking her work schedule).  I have a bunch of other great classes - when
I get the list together and the times done I will be having it posted.

There will be a gathering area so anyone who might like to get together and
have a textile gathering - It would be a great place.

I might be teaching a class there (if I don't have to give up my space for
another) on the Printed book (and a brief talk on papermaking since it
relates to books and printing.

Clare