[Ansteorra-Textiles] RE: What's everybody up to?

Beth Ellis killian at awesomenet.net
Mon Jun 27 08:12:48 PDT 2005

> Right now I've got a big multicolored icelandic ram fleece doing an
> overnight coldwater soak in my washing machine.  Haven't decided exactly
> what I'm going to do with it yet.  Probably comb to separate the thel/tog
> and spin separately.  Behind that are several shetland fleeces to be
> processed.

That sounds like fun.  Let us know how the thel & tog spin up.  Do you like
to use a wheel, a drop spindle, or both for the majority of your projects?
I'm a big shetland fan - there are several nice fleeces of various colors
lurking in my closet, waiting for me to get out of the current slump.  I
have several projects in mind, but I need to commit and get going on them.

 there's a
> fine-weaving workshop in the fall that I really wanted to take.

Oh jealousy.  Living down here in the sticks precludes attendance at
workshops.  Just about everything I know is self taught.  Kind of
frustrating sometimes.

> Speaking of naalbinding, anyone know of anyone pretty good with that in
the
> Elfsea/Steppes area?  I'd really like to learn that.  I'm pretty good with
> book, but I'm finding that this one might be easier in person and would
like
> to track someone down to show me the basics.

There is a laurel who's been doing alot of nalbinding over the last two or
three years that I know of.  I think it's Mistress Alex (am I right,
Clare?).  I am not sure if she is from the Steppes area though.  Perhaps you
could link up with her at some point.  She knows several different stitches,
and has done various projects using each of them.  Mistress Charla has also
been playing with nalbinding for at least a year.  She currently lives in
Greywood.

Corrinne