[Ansteorra-Textiles] Tie on sleeves question

Derek Brown dbrown3 at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Wed Apr 18 08:27:56 PDT 2007

I've got a question that I've never had really answered.

What were the methods used to attach tie on sleeves?

I commonly see ties attached to a dress and the sleeves and then tied
together which I've used.  Lately I've also seen others make cord
loops on the dress and have two ties on the sleeve and then tied
together after looping one through the dress' loop.  I've also seen
and used metal loops attached to the dress and ties from the sleeve
looped through the metal loop and then tied together.  I can't seem
to document the use of loops, whether corded or metal, and was hoping
someone would have done so in the past or know where I can find documentation.

Feel free to contact me off-list....

Derek
otterchaos at gmail.com