[Ansteorra-Textiles] Greetings and Questions

Fields Family Farm fields at texas.net
Mon Aug 16 07:39:01 PDT 2010

Greetings All,

I just joined this list, as I am considering making my own loom and
attempting some weaving.  A beginning goal would be to make my own tartans.
An eventual goal might be to demonstrate weaving for Sherwood Forest Faire.

I'm at least familiar with the basics of weaving.  I've conversed once or
twice with Aerin MacConacher (aka Joanna Varner), and she has agreed to
allow me to see her loom, to get details before beginning building one.

I have searched the internet for links to build-your-own looms, but the
results were disappointing.  Almost all DIY instructions only show very
basic looms, for weaving belts or such.  I'm hoping to build a full-width
floor loom.

Any advice y'all have would be gladly received.

Hrethric/Rick