Bards - A bit of Ansteorran History

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Wed Apr 26 21:21:33 PDT 2000

Greetings from Robert Fitzmorgan Acting Herald of Northkeep

    I've had an interesting evening.  Lord Etienne de St. Amaranth and I were
transfering the files of the Heralds office and were looking through them to
see what was what when we dropped through a hole into history.  We found a
notebook full of reports from the Ansteorran College of Heralds from
Principality days through the first years of our kingdom.
    As I write I am looking at a report from the first meeting of the C of H
of the Kingdom of Ansteorra, held at the Coronation of Oueen Willow.  In this
meeting they acccept the submitted arms for the "Kingdom/King of Ansteorra"
as well as the arms for the Barony of Bryn Gwlad and the SHIRE of Namron.
They also rejected the name of Nord aus das Strom, now known as Northkeep.
This was followed by a discussion of the state of heraldry in the kingdom.
    At the meeting held at the second crown tourney they accept the badges
for many of the awards of our Kingdom as well as arms for the Queen.  In this
meeting they also register arms for some  who would rise to promanance in our
kingdoms history.   Such as:  Tivar Moondragon.  Sif Ironhand and Burke
Kyriell MacDonald.

    I found an Order of Precedence from 22 February 1978 and an update to it
that isn't dated but lists the following:

THEGN TO ANSTEORRA

Erasimierz Waspanieski                              4 March 78
Clare RosMuire St. John                             4 March 78
Tessa of the Gardens                                4 March 78
Simon of  Amber, called Mountaingate                4 March 78
Andeleon du Axegarth                                4 March 78
Gwylym y Fferill-o-Caer Lleuad                      4 March 78
Balthazar of Endor                                  5 March 78
S'Utcha ta Nuit, Neb, Meri en Heh,  aka Lord Michael of the Valar
Protectorate of Ragnarok  5 March 78

    I've never heard of the Thegns of Ansteorra before. What was it?  I've
heard of a few of these people but most of these names are new to me.  Who
were they and what did they do to deserve this honor?

    Can anyone tell me anything about the "ORDER OF DUCT TAPE DERVISHES"?

    I'd really like to hear some stories from the early days of our kingdom.

    Can anyone tell me if Star Principal and the kingdom historian still have
copies of these files?  I've only begun to look through these files myself
but there seemes to be a lot of history here.

Robert Fitzmorgan
Barony of Northkeep