Bards - Re: Willow

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Tue Aug 1 14:24:07 PDT 2000

That sounds great.
I suppose you folks would be shocked if I told you some historical novels
are  great places to get the "feel" of a time period.
Also so I won't be accused of not being the head of the authenticity
police. if you want some period info on Robert de Bruce try "The Bruce"
by John Barbour, translated and edited by A.A.H. Douglas,  William
Maclellan, Glasgow, 1964  The Arlington library has a copy as soon as I
return it . This is a poem written in 1375 by John Barbour, Archdeacon of
Aberdeen. It is a little hard to read but it is better than most. Most of
the happening in the story were within the lifetime of the  writer. It is
not in Scottish dialect.
Willow