Bards - newsletter??

John Ruble ulfie at swbell.net
Tue Feb 1 23:27:16 PST 2000

Lady Kyleena said:
>    You know,perhaps, our bardic newsletter is extraneous.  If articles are
<<<snip>>>
>    People who do not have a computer can get access to email at their
local

I understand your logic.  I've been a programmer for a couple of decades and
on the internet for over half of that, and could not live without my email.

But... I've had similar discussions in the College of Heralds, where all the
techno-geeks of the SCA gravitate.  And some of the best folks there do not
have computers, nor desire to learn to use them.

As a card-carrying techno-geek this baffles me... until I think of a couple
of my favorite composers in the SCA.  They don't do computers.

I don't want to shut these people out.  I want folks to be able to take the
newsletter/magazine with them to the coffee shop or library or national park
or wherever they go to think.  And until recently, I had no printer at home.
And there is no way I could afford to print the volume of material I've
downloaded, even on this slow 26.6 K connection.

So I would like to put it on paper.  Sorry, I know it's killing trees, but
I've got boxes of old material I can still read and boxes of old disks I
can't.

If you want to chew me out,  I'll stand still next time you see me.

Ulf Gunnarsson