Bards - Torre de los Brazos 12th Night

Paul Newman jnewman at ghgcorp.com
Tue Jan 4 18:59:57 PST 2000

Lord Breoghan brings Greetings and Salutations to those within the sound of my voice...no thats not right,    Take 2

Well met to all those upon this list.

As a recent subscriber to this list, I beg your indulgence.  I hail from the Barony of Loch Soillier.  I have been playing in the SCA for almost three years.  I have been the Minister of A & S for the Loch for nearly two years.  I have been the Titled Bard of Torre and Stargate.  Torre is a Canton of the Loch.  Torre's 12th Night is the event where their Titled Bard is selected.  The current Titled Bard is unable to attend the event and it is my pleasure to coordinate the competition.  I am in need of two additional judges to assist in the selection process.  If anyone is interested, please e- mail me privately at     jnewman at ghgcorp.com.

Additionally, I have been to two Gulf War events and was lucky enough to compete in the bardic competitions for both.  My main interest is instrumental music.  However, I enjoy singing, storytelling and juggling.  I very much enjoy combining several formats into one piece and/or playing a few instruments during the one piece.  I can usually be found supporting the Western European Dance.  However, the Middle Eastern community has been extremely gracious to allow me to play my violin during the Hafla.  At ATYC we had many drummers yet they resisted the urge to pound away and listened and accompanied the melody for the dancers.  Also, I enjoy the art of brewing.  I typically have five different styles of beer at any given time.  I guess you call me a brewing bard.  I host the Instrumental Music and Brewers Guilds at my home.  I look forward to sharing with other bards of our fine Kingdom.

At your Musical Service

Breoghan