Bards - Introductions

delaufyson at juno.com delaufyson at juno.com
Mon Jan 10 23:07:10 PST 2000

The recent baronial  investiture in the Steppes made me remember the
First baronial court of Greyraven.

Bjornsberg had become a barony and all of the region came bringing gifts
and best wishes. The hall was beautiful. It was hung with banners and lit
totally with hundreds of candles and beautiful music was playing.  The
baron's  guests each tried to outdo each other in our entrances.

 Led in by a bagpiper that was provided by the barony and being twenty
five years younger I wore a low cut gown of rose and gold brocade. and
brought matching  roses to the new baron.  After me  Sir Koris stalked
down the hall sweeping his cloak and spoke with fluent oratory bringing
the crowd to the feet with loud shouts for Bjornsberg.  Lord Randall then
made his entrance.

 Standing six foot seven inches, blond hair and the best legs in the
region Randall  strode forward. to the baronial seat.  He made a low bow
and in a voice that filled the whole hall announced that he would give
the new baron what all great leaders truly needed and wanted

"FIRST BLOOD!"

 At that he drew his knife and before anyone could stop him slashed it
across his hand. He then opened his hand under the baron's nose The blood
welled up out of the cut and a drop landed in the baron's lap. Greyraven
recoiled in horror and turned green  Lord Randall then stood to his full
height with one hand on his hip and one hand high in the air as blood
dripped down his arm  He made a complete circle. Randall turned to the
baron,  clenched his fist and struck it against his chest in a salute to
the baron and walked out of the room.

 At that point we all agreed that he had out done all of us so we went to
dinner. Someone told me , I am not sure it was true, that the new baron
had to wait to the second course before he felt like eating.

Performing is living
Willow de Wisp