Bards - Stage Fright

Larry E. Bishop LucaisduBelier at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 13 15:23:38 PST 2000

The more times you get in front of an audience the easier it becomes.
Practice in front of groups, SCA or Mundane.  Even just public speaking
helps.  I always premiered a new piece at a populace meeting or A/S meeting
to get a sense of crowd reaction and to just feel the piece in front of
others.

I take deep breaths just before a performance and think of something else I
do really well, and try to get in touch with the self confidence I get from
the other experience.  Having found that resource state, I quickly start
singing before the knees begin to knock.  Confidence really helps
projection, which helps performance.

In the early years I liked a shot of cordial to sooth the nerves, but
sweetness affects the vocal cords.  And too much can affect the memory!  You
don't want to be so relaxed you forget lyrics.

Lucais

Baron Lucais du Belier, OL
mka Larry E. Bishop
1119 SW 66th Street