Bards - Stage Fright

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Thu Jan 13 17:05:27 PST 2000

In a message dated 1/13/00 1:59:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
madrigali at crosswinds.net writes:

> Greetings everyone,
>
>  I am wondering what methods the bards on this list use to combat stage
>  fright.  FOr those who feel it every time you get up how do you deal with
it
>  so it doesn't hurt your performance?  For those of you who no longer fear
>  having all eyes upon you how did you reach this point?  Stage fright has
>  been my constant enemy for years now both mundanely and in the SCA, and I
>  would like to find some way to conquer it so that I may more fully enjoy
>  performing.
>
>  In Gratitude,
>  Anezka z Rozmitala

    I've been performing for about 12 years now so stage fright isn't usually
an issue for me anymore.  I do still get nervous but it's not really all the
people watching that makes me nervous but rather the thought of screwing it
up.  Stage firght was a proublem when I was starting out, but I can't really
tell you any tricks I used to overcome it.  I would just tough it out and
push on through.
    I don't suppose that's much help.

Robert Fitzmorgan
Barony of Northkeep