Fw: Re: Bards -Local officers ideas

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Thu Jan 27 17:04:56 PST 2000

Dear Lady Kyleena

Many of your observations are correct.  I, having been burned, am very
wary of "The Bardic College" doing anything. One of the things stressed
by many people is they don't want "The College" to be political. I do
think individual performers may be able to do something. The local A&S
officers are supposed to be promoting performing arts as well as static
and most of the time they would do more if they had people who would
teach and help. I had wondered if a Performing Arts deputy could be
appointed on the local level. Maybe some of us could go to the Red Tape
events and lobby for our cause.  Also we could talk to the nobles and
officers about our problem. We are performers and should be able to talk.
 I think we need to talk to all performers and get as many as we can to
talk to people. I think the kingdom  will listen to us when they realize
that we are not alone.

This is not a new problem. The lack of concern for the performer's well
being was one of the reasons we banded together into "the College" in the
first place. One of The College's greatest mistake was trying to solve
the problems itself rather than working on the kingdom to solve the
kingdom's problems. This is problem of all performers not just bards.
The kingdom should give performers  the same support as it gives static
arts and fighting. But remember one thing, The Fighters support the
fighting so things get done and the Static Artist support the static arts
so they have things and only if the Performer support all performing arts
will any thing get accomplish.

I am not a good choice for a spokesman because everybody thinks of me as
their old grandmother who doesn't have a clue of what is going on now.
They pat me on the head and say, "That's nice Willow".  I would be
willing to support people and continue any cause that we got going.
Performing is living
Duchess Willow de Wisp