Bards - Stage Fright

Carolyn Smith Pennington mara_of_rede at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 19:57:11 PST 2000

--- Kate Norris <madrigali at crosswinds.net> wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> I am wondering what methods the bards on this
> list use to combat stage
> fright.  FOr those who feel it every time you
> get up how do you deal with it
> so it doesn't hurt your performance?  For those
> of you who no longer fear
> having all eyes upon you how did you reach this
> point?  Stage fright has
> been my constant enemy for years now both
> mundanely and in the SCA, and I
> would like to find some way to conquer it so
> that I may more fully enjoy
> performing.
>
> In Gratitude,
> Anezka z Rozmitala

Everytime I finish a performance my knees are
shaking, even after nine and a half years!
I just concentrate on my performance and deal
with the nerves later.
I know this does not help alot!
It is my Scarlett O'Hara philosophy; "I'll cry
tomorrow." (Back of hand to forehead, best
southern accent)!
Seriously, practice, practice, practice! Do it in
private, do it with friends, relatives, anyone
you can get to listen. My daughter was my best
audience until she became a teenager!
Mara

=====
HL Mara of Rede