Bards - Lyric request

kyleena of the rom kyleena_of_the_rom at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 20:26:38 PDT 2000

GREETINGS AND CONGRATULATIONS KATITCHA FROM KYLEENA,

   The dark lady is a mercedes lackey song
      (a particular favorite of mine):

A fierce one-eyed man named Baron La Bone(?)
a meaner pirate had never been known
and he sailed on the Dark Lady.
A ship strong and sound with a perilous crew
and high on the mast the skull and bones flew.
Fleet and swift was the Dark Lady.

chorus: And every night the Baron would drink a toast
        he'd say "here's to my lovely lady host,
        my one true love."  "Here here"the crew would reply,
        and the Dark Lady sighed.

A rich Spanish galleon was spotted one night
the Dark Lady's crew prepared for the fight
-clash of swords- no Spaniard survived it.
Except for the maiden with dark eyes so bold
found in the hold with the jewels and gold,
La Bone laughed and took her for ransom.

chorus:

The girl Charlotta was a beauty quite rare
with each passing night La Bone couldn't bear
his empty bed-he brought her to it.
The Baron soon found he felt more than desire.
His love for her grew and his soul filled with fire.
He proclaimed that they would marry.

chorus:  At night the Baron drank with jubilee.
         He said, "Here's to my lovely bride-to-be,
         My one true love." "here, here," the crew replied
         --and the Dark Lady cried.

The following night  a storm brewed at sea
the Dark Lady saw her chance to be free
of her rival-the beauty Carlotta.
The ship steered herself through the heart of the gale
where the waves swept the maiden out over the rail
-sweet revenge on an unfaithful lover.

chorus: That night, the Lady drank a toast.
        She said,"Here's to your lovely lady host,
        -your one true love...."  No voices replied.
         And the Dark Lady smiled.

And now any night when a storm fills the sky
they say that a ghost ship sails in its eye
-fleet and swift is the Dark Lady.
--A ship strong and sound with a perilous crew
and high on the mast,the skull and bones flew
while the captain gazes out to sea.

chorus: And every night the Baron must drink a toast.
        He says, "Here's to our lovely lady host:
        my one true love."  "Here here." the ghost crew replies
        and the Dark Lady smiles....