Bards - Titled Bard Competitions?

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Wed Feb 7 08:35:00 PST 2001

Ordinarily, I would honor your request for private
reply, but I want everyone on the list to know this.

The Barony of Elfsea holds a titled bard competition!

Presently, the title of Bard of Elfsea is held very
proudly and honorably by Lady Morgiana Alhazared, with
whom I could not be more pleased.

Her predecessors have included Lord Gurin Koko Nidu,
Lord Robert FitzMorgan, myself, Master Robin of
Gilwell, Briget O'Shaunessey, and other famous and
talented bards.  A complete listing is at
<http://www.elfsea.org/history.htm#bards>.

Our next titled bardic competition is coming up soon at
Elfsea Spring Faire, in April!  Don't miss it!

- Galen, Baron of Elfsea

Quoting Stephen Macthomas <macthomas at ev1.net>:

> Greetings unto the list:
>
> I'm trying to contact some of the titled bards across
the kingdom and while
> writing out my to-do list, I realized that I don't
know which groups
> sponsor
> title competitions.  So I'm posting to the lists to
ask for help.

> What I'm trying to discover is:
> 1) Which groups sponsor title competitions?
> 2) Which groups do *not* sponsor a titled bard?
> 3) Who currently holds those titles?
> 4) At what event are those titles slated to be passed
on?

> Rather than clog the lists with replies on this
subject, I'm asking that
macthomas at ev1.net.  Thanks in advance
> for
> everyone's consideration.
>
> In your service, I remain
> Lord Stephen Macthomas, Seneschal of Gate's Edge,
Bard of Bryn Gwlad