Bards - Tag Tale Part 4

Marlin Stout ldcharls at swbell.net
Wed Jan 10 01:49:16 PST 2001

(Of course, even that indignity would be bearable if that Norn-damned
shipwright hadn't sold him on the idea of a wild boar as a figurehead)
  Sven's men set into sacking the village that the peasants had just
left, though to Sven's eyes it didn't look like they'd get much. Sven
decided he'd be happy to just get some provisions and be gone from here.
He really had expected the Scots to put up a good fight, and was
disappointed that they all ran away. That just wasn't like Scots at all.
  He spied Oleg Olegsson strolling past laden down with a keg on one
shoulder and a side of meat on the other. "Good work, Oleg. We could use
some good drink, and I'm sure the rest will appreciate the fresh meat."
  "Aye," Oleg replied, "These Scots, they gots good pork."
  Sven winced. He really didn't want so see another pig as long as he
lived. And then, to make it worse, Svain Spoonbeard sauntered toward the
ship with several slabs of bacon...
  Before Sven could decide whether to throw the bacon or Svain (or both)
overboard, there arose a ruckus from within the town. Sven turned and
saw all of his men scurrying back to the ship, carrying what meager
plunder they had been able to scrape up in this Odin-forsaken rathole.
Olaf jogged up to him, carrying a sack full of suckling piglets, and
blurted, "It's the local laird, Laughton MacNoughton and he's got easily
four times our number with him. And they're all fine BIG fellows, too."
  Laird Laughton strode out upon the beach and bellowed out "Weil, if
it's nae after bein' Sven Svin-kyssa I'm sein' befair me. Much as me
lad'sd like tae be cuttin' ye up, I've had tha' hearin' tha' yer a man
as likes a little wager. Sae I'll mak ye a wee bet...

Next

Ld Charles Mackinnon
Bryn Gwlad
(aren't we ALL sick puppies, after all?)