Bards - whatever....

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Tue Jan 9 19:07:08 PST 2001

Ihon said:
> On the other hand, it might be said that a characteristic of a bard is
that
> when one has nothing to say, one does not say it.

This would be the SECRET characteristics, then, that no one told us about?

Congratulations, by the way to:
Morgiana Alhazared
Katerina Aretino
Anawyn
Giovanni di Cellini
Elanor O'Ruark
Robert FitzMorgan
Ihon Vinson MacFergus
Darius of the Bells
Elanor Fairchilde
Ysfael
Simone Ui'Dunlainghe
Her Excellency Valeria
Antigonus (Tiggy)
Phillip White
Uriah of Hebron (the new one, not Uriah the Wolf Bard)
Stephen Macthomas

who all competed for the title of Premier Bard of Ansteorra (and my favorite
cloak, too, I might add). All pieces were at least great, and most were
incredibly great.

As you know already, Elanor Fairchilde won the competition, though not with
ease.  Nonetheless, her talents are exceptional and should serve the kingdom
well in the coming year.  And I know you will all find her much more
pleasing to the eye than some hairy viking-type who smells of herring and
turnips.  If you don't, then please have your head examined and stay away
from my turnips.

I look forward to next year's competition and the opportunity to defeat
everyone in the above list.  :)

Ulfie