[Bards] Traditions - A Poem

Master Darius masterdarius at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 10 20:06:43 PDT 2002

Please forgive I did not mean to indicate that bowing before the thrones was
good or bad, simply that it would not be bad to teach why some of us in
Ansteorra chose to take this action.

The question seems now more to be "Weather or not it is _Ansteorran_ to bow
before the empty thrones."
I would argue the case thus:  (forgive me if this seems convoluted)

I was taught when I joined the SCA to do this as it was was right and
proper, I was taught this in Ansteorra and so considered it kingdom custom.
I know many others who have been taught this as well. I have the intervening
time and travel met many who believe it is not needed as the empty thrones
are not the royal presence.

I have choosen to maintain the custom of bowing before the thrones for
reasons that I have already given. I do not tut and fuss to those who do not
as they do not consider the empty thrones to be a part of the royal
presence. Likewise those who choose not to bow, have not fussed at me for
doing so.

I see value in both sides of the aurgument. I would say from looking at this
that it is far more important that here we may choose to bow before the
empty thrones or not and that choice of how we each choose to play the game
is Ansteorran custom.

Darius