[Bards] Re: Ansteorra Traditions

lanphier taylor jonwillowpel at juno.com
Sun Jul 14 19:42:50 PDT 2002

I would like to comment on one Ansteorra custom that I saw at Coronation.
The King and Queen are equal. By the way this has not always been true in
all kingdoms. It was put in Corpora about the same time as we became a
kingdom. I was given credit for making this so but this is not true.  The
first Prince and Princess at their investiture make it very clear. When
King  Denton handed Sean Mcflam the coronet to put on his head he handed
to his lady Katrina. He then took the princess's coronet and together
they crowned each other. He her slightly before her him. Given our strong
Celtic base there  was no doubt as to them being equal. They based their
investor on the song "Return of the King" and the line "wearing the
garlands green speaking with one voice".

Lady Eleanor's "Southern Queen" was a great tribute to the ideal of the
Queen in Ansteorra.

Willow de Wisp