[Bards] other people's works.

Jane Sitton lymadelina at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 06:10:01 PDT 2002

The old adage, "imitation is the sincerest form of
flattery" holds true for me.  I have yet to experience
that particular pleasantry, but I did once have
someone ask me to perform a piece which I had heard
him do on occasion, saying to a third person that I
knew a slightly different version of the song in
question.  I felt honored, and yes, flattered, that I
was asked to perform by someone I consider to be a
much better bard than myself.

On the other hand, especially with works one has
crafted, it is sometimes hard for a person to "let
them go", much like a child growing up and "leaving
the nest", particularly if one doesn't feel the work
has been done justice by the person who performs
another's work.

Just mes deux sous.

Madelina

--- "Gerald L. Norris Jr." <jerryn at houston.rr.com>