[Bards] Courtesy book

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Thu Jul 11 19:32:25 PDT 2002

While I agree that it should be a group effort, I believe that asking one
person to act as "lead" on the project will help to keep things moving in a
direction rather than bog down while a committee worries over whether
something will offend someone.

Inevitably, the work _will_ offend some ("Who is he to tell me about
Courtesy?"  or "What gives them the right to play at being an Ansteorran Ann
Landers").  This is true of most works, whether art _or_ science.
Attempting to please everyone tends to, in the end, please no one at all.

Gerald.