[Bards] lyrics needed

Tim Jennings talisman at freespace.net
Wed Mar 27 21:05:29 PST 2002

heya,
You should hear the lady who wrote it sing this one. She has a voice like
and unleashed storm!

Garraed(far from you all in the frozen northlands of Ealdormere:)

Savage Daughter
By Mistress Wyndreth Berginsdottir (Pr - Northshield/K - Midrealm)

Refrain:
 I am my mother's savage daughter,
 The one who runs barefoot, cursing sharp stones.
 I am my mother's savage daughter,
 I will not cut my hair, I will not lower my voice.

My mother's child is a savage.
She looks for her omens in the colors of stones,
In the faces of cats, in the fall of feathers,
In the dancing of fire and the curve of old bones.

Refrain

My mother's child dances in darkness,
And she sings heathen songs by the light of the moon,
And watches the stars, and renames the planets,
And dreams she can reach them with a song and a broom.

Refrain

Now my mother's child curses too loud and too often.
My mother's child laughs too hard and too long,
And howls at the moon and sleeps in ditches,
And clumsily raises her voice in this song.

Refrain

Now we all are brought forth out of darkenss and water,
Brought into this world through blood and through pain,
And deep in our bones the old songs are waking,
So sing them with voices of thunder and rain!

(i) We are my mother's savage daughters,
  The ones who run barefoot, cursing sharp stones.
  We are my mother's savage daughters,
  We will not cut our hair, we will not lower our .
(ii)  We are my mother's savage daughters,
  The ones who run barefoot, cursing sharp stones.
  We are my mother's savage daughters,
  We will not cut our hair, we will not lower our .
(iii)  We are my mother's savage daughters,
  The ones who run barefoot, cursing sharp stones.
  We are my mother's savage daughters,
  We will not cut our hair, we will not lower our voice.