[Bards] FW:

John F. Hirling jhirling at houston.rr.com
Sun Dec 7 01:00:56 PST 2003

Hoax, folks.
see http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

--ihon
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: gael the fool o'finnin
  To: beautifulnight_85 at hotmail.com
  Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 1:54 AM
  Subject: [Bards] FW:

  To everyone in my address book --

  I just found out that  I received a virus from other people that automatically
  is passed on through E-mail books.
  Since you are in my address  book, you may find it in your computer,too.

  The virus called   jdbg.exe  is not detected by Norton
  or McAfee
  anti-virus
  systems.The virus sits quietly for 14 days  before
  damaging the system.
  It is
  sent automatically by "messenger"and by address book,
  whether or not
  you sent
  E-mail to your contacts

  Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid
  of it:

  PLEASE DO THIS ASAP.
  1.  Go to Start, then click your "find" or
  "search"
  option
  2.   In the folder option, type the name:jdbgm
  3.   Be sure to search your C and D Drives and all the
  sub folders
         that you may have.
  4.     Click "find n! ow"
  5..    The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name
  jdbgmgr.exe
           DO NOT OPEN IT.
  6.       Go to "edit" on the menu bar and choose
  "select all" to
  highlight
             the file without opening it.
  7.       Now go to the File on the menu bar and select
  "delete".  The
  virus
  will
            then go to the recyclebin.
             If you find  the virus, you must  contact
  all of the people
  in
  your
  address book,
              so that may eradicate  the virus  from
  their  own  address
  book.

         To do! this:
           1. Open new E-mail message.
            2. Click the icon  address book (contacts)
  next to  "TO"
            3. Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
             4. Copy  this message and paste to E-mail.

  Sorry for the problem. Hope this has been a help in
  clearing it up.