[Bards] To the crew of Columbia

iainmacc at juno.com iainmacc at juno.com
Sat Feb 1 15:17:02 PST 2003

        There will be a lot of sadness expressed today.

        I'm not posting this to the main list, for I would not wish to
offend anyone, and not everyone will understand.

        But I think a bard would see it.

        The men who died this morning were possibly the best pilots, the
best crewmen, that this generation of humanity has produced. If they
weren't the absolute best, they were awfully close.
        People don't achieve that level of excellence unless they love
what they do, unless it is the breath of life itself to them.

        So let's raise a glass to the crew of Columbia. In pride and
admiration, but not in sadness. For as we all know, everyone dies. Not
everyone gets to die doing what they love best.

                                        COLUMBIA!

                                                                In Joyful
Service,

Iain MacCrimmon