[Bards] To the crew of Columbia

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 1 19:26:15 PST 2003

My lord,

I don't see how this is offensive in the least. VIVAT
to you, sir, for your beautiful words.

There is sadness in the world today. But together, we
will remember the seven heroes who stare death in the
face...and never flinch.

May the Goddess bless you, Columbia. We shall miss
you.

Lady Eleanor Cleavely

--- iainmacc at juno.com wrote:

>         There will be a lot of sadness expressed
> today.
>
>         I'm not posting this to the main list, for I
> would not wish to
> offend anyone, and not everyone will understand.
>
>         But I think a bard would see it.
>
>         The men who died this morning were possibly
> the best pilots, the
> best crewmen, that this generation of humanity has
> produced. If they
> weren't the absolute best, they were awfully close.
>         People don't achieve that level of
> excellence unless they love
> what they do, unless it is the breath of life itself
> to them.
>
>         So let's raise a glass to the crew of
> Columbia. In pride and
> admiration, but not in sadness. For as we all know,
> everyone dies. Not
> everyone gets to die doing what they love best.
>

>                                         COLUMBIA!
>

>            In Joyful
> Service,
>

> Iain MacCrimmon