[Bards] For your consideration

Jane Sitton lymadelina at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 18:09:54 PST 2003

Greetings, all.

The following piece I am submitting for your kind
consideration I have just snatched from its author,
Lady Gemma of Firth.  She has yet to even title the
piece, but as I have been suffering a drought of her
work, I was excited to find this in her hot little
hands.  While this is just a first draft, I myself
cannot fault it, and hope you find it as enchanting as
did I.

Amicalement,
Lady Madelina de Lindesaya

This piece is yet untitled:

As a dragon's eye gleams in the night,
And sulfuric breath the senses bite,
And the wheezing cross of growl and roar
Bellows forth behind the door.

As with iron talons upon plate
The air rings, reverberates,
And smoke and flame in magic dance,
Do you dare to look, will you take a chance?

Look through the hot and smoking air,
And find the Smith standing there.
As his power and sweat and magic meld
That iron be shaped or cut or weld'd.