[Bards] What's your Favorite Piece?

Fitzmorgan at aol.com Fitzmorgan at aol.com
Wed Jun 4 01:05:43 PDT 2003

To answer my own questions.

Fitzmorgan at aol.com writes:

>        Time for a new topic.
>
>        What is your favorite song or poem that you have written, and why is
> it your favorite?

    It's pretty hard for me to pick just one.  But I'll say Waking the Dream.
 It just says exactly what I wanted to say, just the way I wanted to say it.

>        What is your favorite piece that another SCA bard has written and
> why
> is that your favorite?  If you cannot just pick one try to keep it to 5 or
> less.

       When I wrote the question I realized I couldn't pick just one.  In no
particular order:
       Rang the Bell by Finnacan.  I've only heard it twice but I can still
hear him singing the refrain in my head.  It takes a hell of a bard to make you
LIKE having an Irishman stuck in your head.  It's a really great song.

       The Unwelcome Crown by Ulf.  I just love this song.  The perfect
answer to "It's Good to be the King."  The next time you want to ask for Lutfisk
and Yams, ask for this instead.  You'll be glad.

       During Patrick and Julia's first Reign they came to Interkingdom.
Back then we did a joint bardic project with Calontier.  Just before we started
Patrick warmed up the audience by telling of the fall of Acre.  I remember
being completely blown away by the piece and the performance.  I've never heard
him do this or any other piece since but I still remember the effect that one
performance had on me then.

       Take Me When I'm Gone to Camp Burnett by William Blackfox.   An
absolutely wonderful piece of insanity that could not have been written by anyone
but William.  So far as I know this no longer exists.  I can remember maybe half
of it and haven't found anyone else who remembers it or has the words.

Robert