[Bards] What's your Favorite Piece?

TheSpatlord at aol.com TheSpatlord at aol.com
Wed Jun 4 08:28:56 PDT 2003

Fitzmorgan at aol.com writes:

<<        What is your favorite song or poem that you have written, and why is
 it your favorite?
 Only once have I ever written a song, meaning both the melody and the
lyrics, which was "Bells" or "Rang the Bell", the piece Robert mentioned. I'm rather
humbled it was picked as one of his favorites. I suppose I better polish it
up and start singing it again.

        What is your favorite piece that another SCA bard has written and why
 is that your favorite?  If you cannot just pick one try to keep it to 5 or
 less.
   I can keep it to four. The first that springs to mind is Karielas song
(not sure if I spelled that right) written by Iolo. I like it enough that I, like
many others, have filked the tune. I also love Ulf's "Harald the Herald",
which is a piece I like to follow with "Bells". Finally, I have many vices and
guilty pleasures, Fitzmorgan's "The Wabbit bewongs to me" is one of them. Yeah,
I'll admit it. At least, I THINK Robert wrote that. It would be my guess in
Ansteorran Bardic Trivia.
  Finally, if you ever get the chance to hear Lucais sing his tribute
"Maywren", settle down and soak it in. Be aware, however, that you may be hard
pressed to ever hear him sing this piece. I have little doubt that it is extremely
painful for him to do so.
~Finnacan