[Bards] poetry exersises #1 and #2

nikkicmiller at yahoo.com nikkicmiller at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 13:20:11 PDT 2003

Number 1

The List Field

On the field of strategy and steel,
blades slide on blade, hilt to hilt.
Helm to helm and eye to eye,
bated blades ring out in fellowship.

Number 2

Ulf's Feast

Braised boar brought with boiled beans and bacon
between brandy basted birds.
Baked bread and blueberry butter beside barley beer,
being betaken by the blonde Baron.
Who's baritone bellow broadcasts when a brazen bard
boldly belches.

Thank you Your Excellency for these exercises.  They
have been a challenging blessing and gift.  As always,
I am a few lessons behind the class.  I choose to look
at this as an "at your our pace" kinda thing since
this is my first poetry tutorial.   So, I hope the
rest of you don't mind my playing catch up.

  Clare