[Bards] On Bardic Documentation (it got long!) - erratta

Gerald Norris jerryn at houston.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 18:28:51 PST 2004

In my missive just previously written (three re-reads, one out loud, and I
still missed it), I said that documentation "tends to be used to get people
to do the research so that they know what they're performing.  In essence,
it tends to perform the same function that term papers and other assignments
given in school do; require the student to learn about the subject through
research."

What that should have said was that people tend to treat documentation that
way.  Most judges are looking at the documentation to help them understand
the piece.  While, as Bella pointed out, there are those who write treatises
for their documentation; as a judge I find this particular format gets in
the way of the information, and after a bit I throw it down and hope that I
can figure the whole mess out by watching the performance.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
HL Gerald of Leesville
Ravenskald of Ravensfort
A bard of Stargate
Kingdom Ansteorra