[Bards] Bardic collegium - ideas

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 17:34:25 PST 2004

Heck, if you guys don't mind an Atenveldter coming
out, I wouldn't mind teaching a Bardic 101 class and a
class on Interkingdom Bardic practices and traditions.

If this does get off the ground, I am at your service!

Lady Eleanor Cleavely
Apprentice to Master Darius of the Bells
Bard of Sun Dragon
Kingdom of Atenveldt
--- "Biggs, Truly" <truly.biggs at hp.com> wrote:
> Oops - Sorry to have continued on a topic that is
> dead.
>

> So:
>

> I would be delighted to help with this event - and I
> think it is an
> excellent idea.
>
> I will offer up the two classes I have had good
> experiences with
> teaching in the past which are:
>

> Vocal/Performance Coaching
>
> Performance Technique
>

> I have several other ideas for classes that I would
> hope to have time to
> prepare, but I can't make any promises. Let me know
> if any of these
> seems really interesting to you.
>

> Beginning Music Theory (how to start learning to
> read music)
>
> Historical Harmony (The beginnings of polyphony)
>
> Bardcraft in other Kingdoms (What's it like over
> there?)
>
> How to choose a piece that's right for you (Finding
> your medium)
>
> Choral conducting
>

> Round tables?
>

> Define "bardcraft"  - with Robin, Pendaran, Willow,
> Robert Fitz Morgan,
> and someone who has been in the SCA for less than a
> year.
>

> Tricks of the trade - (Overcoming stage fright,
> don't eat candy before
> you sing, warm-ups, how to get an audience's
> attention)
>
>                                     (Simone,
> Antonia, Gerald, Kat, And
> I'd love to be on this panel)
>

> Music trading circle - go around the circle on
> topics such as "What's
> the first song/poem that you remember hearing in the
> SCA, or What's the
> best thing you ever wrote - or what do you think
> your strongest piece
> is, and why"
>

> A "do that thing you once did" circle. Go around and
> each person
> requests a piece that you have heard someone do - or
> that is your
> favorite of someone else's. You don't perform when
> it is your turn - you
> pass or request.
>

> I'd also like to see a couple of Bardic Challenges.
> I recently attended
> an event called Bardic Madness in which the
> categories were posted
> months ahead of time, giving people time to write or
> find a piece about
> or including, say, The lily and the rose, or My King
> has called, and I
> must go, or write or perform a sonnet - or a Triolet
> - or a ballad. It
> really sparked creativity. Maybe just a few of these
> - otherwise - it
> could take up a whole day/evening.
>

> Wow - I'm full of it...er..of ideas.
>

> Hope any of these are useful.
>

> I would happily put an original piece into a book.
>

> Eleanor

<http://pa.yahoo.com/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/hotjobs/mail_footer_email/ev

=== message truncated ===>

=====
We are the musicmakers...and we are the dreamers of dreams -  Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Habea en animo - I am resolved