[Bards] On stage fright and confidence

Darius of the Bells masterdarius at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 7 21:10:27 PST 2004

MessageI think that some level of stage fright is inherent the make up of a performers mind. We worry because we want our audience to enjoy the performance we give. In the end we as entertainers are interested in what people think of us and what we do. A famous actor (I am trying to remember which one currently) said some thing to the effect of, 'the only time we stop being afraid in front of an audience is when we stop caring.' When I stop caring I will stop telling tales and singing songs, untill then I will be pacing and nervous waiting my turn with every one else.

Darius