[Bards] deromilly at mindspring.com

ED Reese edreese at swbell.net
Mon Jul 19 11:34:12 PDT 2004

Freidrich
(For Dona Antonia)

I heard the roll of the Honored Dead:
Heaven trembles with a new Hero's tread.

I did not know the man, but I know the loss ~
A Black Star fallen far from home,
A man who did not count the cost.

He must have been quick of grin,
Bright-eyed, strong... perhaps a taste for gentle sin.

Baron Thomas's Man,
Sir Kein's Good Left Hand ~
Now Guardsman in the Stellar Host that rides above this land.

When Love cries, pearls are born:
Adornment for a circlet never worn.

His life was given in our care ~
A Sable Shield his Croix de Guerre.
His memory is left to us to save... the bitter Glory of the Brave.

So this our honor, and this our pledge:
His name will lend our steel a sharper edge.
We will remember him in deed and word,
His Lady KC's Own True Lord,
Ansteorra's Baron Friedrich von Koningsburg.

HL Esther of Ennis Merth