[Bards] Fw: [SCA_BARDS] ("New?") funny bardic twist on the old "Nigerian 419" email/spam/frauds...

Susan Gideon twilit16 at swbell.net
Tue Oct 5 12:45:11 PDT 2004

This is just funny. Please read
Elayne
----- Original Message -----
From: Stephanie Blaine
To: SCA_BARDS at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 7:09 PM
Subject: [SCA_BARDS] ("New?") funny bardic twist on the old "Nigerian 419" email/spam/frauds...

This is TOO funny! It's tailor-made for bards...

Somebody sent this spam to my husband today. He nearly died laughing.
The funny thing is (or is it sad?) that only a bard or folkie (folk
music devotee) would have a clue as to what this is all about.

Talk about a new twist on the old "Nigerian 419" email frauds! :D

"EXTREMELY IMPORTANT MESSAGE PLEASE READ

I must apologise for any discomfiture you are experiencing as you read
this letter and solicit your utmost confidence by virtue of this
proposal. Let me introduce myself to you. I am Mrs Janet Lin, a
director at the First Bank of Carterhaugh. I came to you in confidence
because of some money, namely TWENTY-EIGHT MILLION GOLD COINS (28,000,
000.000 gold coins) belonging to my missing husband, Thomas (Tam) Lin,
who was abducted by the faeries in a ghastly incident many years ago.
The money has been buried under a thorn hedge for seven hundred years.
I have given up hope that my beloved THOMAS LIN will return and so
have decided to retrieve his money and move to Tir Na Nog. I want you
to help claim the buried money as you are a source for good
investment. For this we are prepared to give you a reasonable
percentage of the money. Meanwhile 15% (FOUR MILLION TWO HUNDRED
THOUSAND GOLD COINS) has been set aside for you and the rest will be
for me and my milk cow called Derek. For the intrest of doing business
please do not hesitate to contact MR DEREK GUERNSEY on 27-731-450-735
Fax 27-843-232-611 IMMEDIATELY. I thank you for your cooperation and
warn of DIRE CONSEQUENCES if you fail to solicit my confidences.

Mrs. Janet Lin
Director
First Bank of Carterhaugh"

Community email addresses: