[Bards] Be the Bard of Namron

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Mon Apr 25 23:11:08 PDT 2005

Be the Bard of Namron, a pocket full of prose,
four and twenty bad bards, holding on their nose...

Okay, seriously... In simple terms it is this: I am holding auditions
for the position of Bard of Namron.  It will be at our Beltane Games,
May 6th thru 8th.  The site is about twenty minutes north of the Texas /
Oklahoma border.

The auditions will be after dark and around a campfire, weather
permitting.  The position carries the same honors and similar
expectations as our marshal champions.  In other words, you may have to
use your talents to defend the Barony's honor later in the year.  You
might also be loaned to the Crown when they visit.  There are other
perquisites.  It is a position, not just a title.

As an aside, there is also a brewing competition during the day.  We not
only have the best bards but the best brewers as well.  If any of you
are having trouble thinking of something to write about, write a piece
in praise of brewers.  It will not gain you any extra credit in the
auditions, but the brewers might favor you for it! (And there are many
period examples...)

Oh, and there is a voice heraldry competition during the day with a
prize of several yards of green silk.

Master Ulf Gunnarsson
Baron of Namron