[Bards] Gulf Wars Challenge

Kathy Elliott bardkat at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 25 10:11:06 PST 2005

I have been asked to sing "a rousing war song" as TRM enter the opening
ceremony on Wednesday morning at the war.  To make a truly grand entrance, I
have challenged all Ansteorrans who will be at the war to learn the chorus,
and to sing out with all their hearts!  Just imagine the awe we will inspire
in our foes as they hear all of us united in song.  I am further asking the
bards of Ansteorra to help lead those around you, and to teach the song to
as many people as possible before the war.  Please feel free to e-mail me
privately if you would like the Finale Notepad version, with the music.  Or,
meet me on Saturday night at Queen's Champion, and I'll teach it to you
personally!

In service,
Katrina of Coventry
Premier Bard of Ansteorra

Battle March of the Dark Star
Written by James ap Benyl, Barony of Bryn Gwlad

Battle drums are beating as we ride,
Battle pipes play wildly there beside,
Battle skalds are chanting, "Woe betide!"
For the Dark Star's gone to war!

Chorus:	Golden gleaming, dark star dreaming,
		Battle songs do make our spirits soar,
		For the Dark Star's gone to war!

Battle Lines are drawn deep in the sand,
Battle Oaths are sworn that here we'll stand,
Battle fires flame high on war's demand!
For the Dark Star's gone to war!

	Chorus

Battle flags wave brightly in the sky,
Battle bows let death shafts freely fly,
Battle lusts grow strong as foemen die!
For the Dark Star's gone to war!

	Chorus

Battle shields do break when great sword swings,
Battle helms are crushed as cold iron rings,
Battle lords are lost to strong spear stings!
For the Dark Star's gone to war!

	Chorus

Battle storms are breaking overhead,
Battle fields are soaking muddied red,