[Bards] topic for discussion

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 13 08:47:11 PST 2006

When it comes to local championships, I seldom see bards return to compete where they've won a championship in the past.  On the other hand, I often see people return to compete in martial championships that they have won before.  In most venues, it's common that people don't compete when they are the outgoing champion, so I'm not addressing that case here.

I'd like to know people's thoughts on this topic.  Why do you, or don't you, compete in local championships you have won in the past?  What pros & cons do you think this practice imparts on the bardic community?

Alden