[Bards] topic for discussion

Gerald Norris jerryn at houston.rr.com
Wed Dec 13 12:11:59 PST 2006

Re: local is local.

So.  Only local bards should enter local events?  Seems a shame, especially
if a bard is visiting.

Since most landed nobility tend to move about in more than local circles, I
would think that, with the foreknowledge that an entering bard is not local,
and would try to make local events, real-life notwithstanding, I can't see a
problem with non-local entries into titled positions.

If I'm entering a competition for a distant barony, I try to talk with the
landed nobility and explain my situation.  I try to make the events for that
area when finances/opportunity allow, sometimes alone, sometimes with
family.  I tend to try to hold only one title position at a time, but that's
a personal preference; I treat those for whom I'm a champion as patrons, and
so I avoid the difficulty of having more than one set of patrons at an event
and having to "choose" between them.  It is how I play the game.  Your
mileage may vary.

In any case, I've got another topic I want to bring up, but I'd like to see
this one explored a bit further.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am,
HL Gerald of Leesville
A bard of Stargate