[Bards] Eisteddfod Time

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 21 11:00:49 PST 2006

Really? Well, Lord Ivo, I'm surprised by your attack, but you're
entitled to your opinion -- as I'm entitled to mine. Is there a
reason why you would feel the need to take offense on behalf of the
organizers of Steppes Twelfth Night? Are you certain that they would
take personal offense at my questions? Are you a co-steward? Are the
stewards incapable of defending themselves, should they feel the need
to do so? If so, are you the champion in charge of defending the
stewards?

According to the online event announcement at <http://
steppes12thnight.tripod.com/>, the event steward has scheduled the
Eisteddfod for 3 1/2 hours -- from noon to 3:30 pm, as Kat pointed out.

The event is just 2 weeks away. I think it's *exactly* the time to be
asking those questions, and I'm glad that Esther will be asking them.
It's actually several months late, but hopefully still in time to
save the event steward from a train wreck.

And, yes, to answer your question... I could have made that question
*much* more pointed. (And by the way, I didn't say "he has no idea".
If you're going to quote me and call me on something, please do me
the courtesy of at least not putting words in my mouth.) I said "one
wonders why the steward wouldn't be aware of how long it takes."
There are far more pointed ways to word that. I was actually giving
him the benefit of the doubt and assuming that he accidentally --
through ignorance or oversight -- scheduled the Eisteddfod for a far
shorter time than required, instead of assuming that it was done on
purpose.

In short: get a grip. If you want to continue this personal attack, I
invite you to do so off-list.

Michael

p.s. as a side observation, the event schedule reads: "12:00- 3:30
Eisteddfod outside the hall in the Baronial Pavillion. Games,
compliments of Clan Canal Children’s activities, compliments of Lady
Elinor. Siege Weapons Tournament. Gift table opens." It appears that
the Eisteddfod is being equal consideration and billing as children's
activities and a siege weapons tournament. Is there any wonder that
the Eisteddfod seems to be being a bit overlooked?