[Bards] Questions, Answers, and Topics (oh my!)

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 22:21:03 PDT 2006

Excellent idea, Good My Lord.

  May I also suggest we agree on simplified rules of procedure? A good format makes for a compelling work.

  Esther

Gerald Norris <jerryn at houston.rr.com> wrote:
      I'm REALLY looking forward to all the roundtable, but....

  There's a couple of things I'd like to propose.

  First, that we try to agree to an agenda for the roundtable, so that we can at least TRY to keep on task.  Some things I'd like to see on the agenda:  Since I straddle two worlds, I would like to hear ideas of how we can help strengthen the sense of community within the performance arts as a whole.   How can we best get word out to those who want to learn performance arts, whether it be in bardic, instrumental, etc., that the best way to learn is to talk to the bards that you admire the most (I was handed a wonderful bit of insight one time when Master Robin gave me a nicely concise critique of a performance which helped me let go of me and give in to the whims of the character).  How do we make bardic competitions more "public" without hamstringing the judges ability to observe/hear the performer?

  There, that's three.

  Second, that everyone realize that we are all trying to strengthen the bardic (and performing arts) community in Ansteorra.  Changes that might be made, whatever they are, should be slow and deliberate.

  I am no expert in this area, by any measure, and I'm looking forward to spirited discussion from those who attend.

  My two pence worth.
    In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am,
HL Gerald of Leesville
A bard of Stargate