[Bards] Introduction: Vyvyanne Fox

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 3 09:19:52 PST 2006

I'll add my "welcome" to theirs, Vyvyanne.

Mundanely, I studied music and drama from age 7 until... well... I
suppose I still do. In High School I reached a point where I had to
choose between the pit, or the stage. I chose the pit (with the
orchestra) but I still love both. I've performed in college and
community theater productions (nothing lately), have played piano
accompaniment for an incredible all-female voice group called Vox
Dulce, am a former singer and percussionist with the Medieval
ensemble Istanpitta, and currently play with a *fabulous* all-
trombone choir called the Bayou City Bones.

Also mundanely, I make my living predominantly "doing stuff with
computers". I'm a Sun Certified Systems Engineer and software
developer (Java, C, etc.). I am currently self-employed, largely so I
can spend more time with my family and watch my 5-month-old little
boy grow. <http://michaelandsusan.shutterfly.com/action/> :-)

In the SCA, I suppose you could call me a dabbler. I've dabbled in
fighting (chivalric and rapier), bardic, instrumental music, and a
variety of other things. Like several members of this community, I am
a former Baron in Fief. (I was Baron of Stargate from 1995-2000.)
That doesn't actually buy anything, but it lets me wear a spiffy hat
to hold a veil on my head on hot Ansteorran days. :-)

I have several passions in the SCA, but foremost is a passion for the
performing arts, especially bardcraft and instrumental music.

Welcome!

Michael