[Bards] The original question...

Genie Barrett maggie.gene at justinanimator.com
Sun Nov 5 17:23:13 PST 2006

Gerald, I finally went back and found your original question.

>And so I'm curious, my brothers and sisters.  Are the performers throughout
>the kingdom satisfied with the level and extent that they are used during
>events? In court? During feast? At the list field?  Do the dancers dance as
>often as they used to?  Do they want to?  Please, good gentles, let us
>discuss this topic and see where it might lead.

I perform every time I WANT to perform.  I feel very content with
where I am.  This weekend, at Three Kings, Kat and I found that there
was a challenge finding a fire.  We finally did find one and spent a
long time singing there.  It didn't turn into a large circle by any
means, but the people whose fire it was were VERY appreciative that
we showed up.  Sometimes I like to be at a Bard's Fire, and other
times I need to share my gift with those who will never think to seek
us out.  Sometimes I want a circle, and sometimes I want to
fire-walk.  Three Kings was a true success for me.

Besides, I cannot tell you how many times I have heard someone say to
a bard that he or she awoke the dream for that person like few had
done before.  We cannot do that if we don't take it to them sometimes.

Thanks for this question and all it has inspired,
Maggie