[Bards] Just a few words (really good words

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Mon Nov 6 21:41:41 PST 2006

Gerald responded to Willow:

> Willow wisped:
>
>> It seemed to me we had more open debates.
>
>I can't think of debates much more open than those present on this list.
>
> Michael and Finnacan and Robin and Darius slugging it out in the bear pit
> while Alden, Willow, and myself cheer from the sidelines.
>
> Woo hoo!

Debates are more open when more people take part.  Four people slugging it
out with three cheering is a very closed debate.  One of the reasons I
haven't suggested any verbiage is that I won't know what to recommend until
I get input from a whole lot more bards than are active on this list.  As I
wrote earlier, "I don't think we're far enough along yet, because we haven't
consulted any bards who aren't on this list yet.  This list is an extremely
quick and efficient tool to get your ideas to a certain self-selected
minority of the kingdom's bards, but it does not qualify, by itself, as a
large enough body to make decisions."

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin