[Bards] Just a few words (really good words

Scott Barrett barrett1 at cox.net
Mon Nov 6 21:48:23 PST 2006

> Debates are more open when more people take part.  Four people
> slugging it
> out with three cheering is a very closed debate.  One of the reasons I
> haven't suggested any verbiage is that I won't know what to recommend
> until
> I get input from a whole lot more bards than are active on this list.
> As I
> wrote earlier, "I don't think we're far enough along yet, because we
> haven't
> consulted any bards who aren't on this list yet.  This list is an
> extremely
> quick and efficient tool to get your ideas to a certain self-selected
> minority of the kingdom's bards, but it does not qualify, by itself,
> as a
> large enough body to make decisions."
>
> Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

Robin, do you really think that a meeting at an event will get more
participation?
I would have thought this list would reach more people compared to an
event.

Seriously. I'm curious if I'm miscalculating.

I can assure you that a lot of folks are reading these threads that are
saying nothing (which in and of itself is an ominous sign when hoping
to formalize an all-inclusive community structure).

~Finnacan